State Bank of India or SBI is India’s biggest bank in terms of the number of accounts and bank branches. The bank has its branch office in almost every part of India and serves both rural and urban customers.
Being the biggest bank, SBI is also the most secure bank with many security layers to protect the users from becoming a victim of fraud.
2FactorAuthenticatio, MPIN, PIN, etc. are some security features that every SBI banking account comes with.
To further increase safety, SBI has recently introduced OTP-based cash withdrawal while using ATMs. Using ATM you can generate an SBI Debit card PIN for your account also you can find a mini statement of your account.
In this article, we will discuss SBI ATM Withdrawals Limit, Rules, Cash withdrawal, etc.
SBI ATM Usage Rules
The following are the rules SBI set for using ATMs-
- For cash withdrawal, more than 10,000/- from an ATM would require an OTP sent on your Registered Mobile Number
- You are entitled to 3 FREE transactions if you belong to Metro centers like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad & Bengaluru. For other areas, 5 FREE transactions in a calendar month (for Savings Bank account holders only) will be provided for free
- In case of theft or loss of debit card, it is the user who will be responsible for any illegal transaction, therefore, it is recommended to Block SBI Debit Card as soon as possible.
How to Withdraw Cash using ATM?
You can follow these steps to withdraw cash using ATM-
- Visit the nearest ATM followed by inserting your AMT Card into the machine
- Now, Now select the language you want to continue with followed by selecting an Account type like a savings account or current
- Enter the 4 digit ATM PIN on the machine and press enter
- Now, you have to click on the Cash Withdrawal button displayed on the screen
- After clicking on the button, you’ll have to enter the amount you want to withdraw followed by clicking on the submit button
- Now, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number, enter the PIN in the ATM and click submit. If the amount is less than Rs.10,000/- then no OTP will be sent and you can directly withdraw the cash
- After entering OTP, your transaction will be processed and the amount will be given to you on the cash receiving slot
- Your cash withdrawal using ATM is done, you’ll be notified about the cash withdrawal via SMS.
- You can also check your bank balance using the SBI Balance Inquiry Number
SBI Bank ATM withdrawal limit Per Day
The following are the ATM Withdrawal limit per day for SBI cards-
|ATM/Debit cards||ATM withdrawal limit|
|SBI Classic and Maestro Debit Cards||Rs 20,000|
|SBI Global International Debit Card||Rs 40,000|
|SBI Gold International Debit Card||Rs 50,000|
|SBI Platinum International Debit Card||Rs 1 lakh|
|SBI In Touch Tap and Go Debit Card||Rs 40,000|
|SBI Mumbai Metro Combo Card||Rs 40,000|
|SBI My Card International Debit Card||Rs 40,000|
A total of 3 free transactions will be provided for free if you belong to Metro centers like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad & Bengaluru. And For other areas, 5 FREE transactions in a calendar month (for Savings Bank account holders only) will be provided for free.
After free transactions are finished, the transaction fee will be charged with a maximum cap of Rs.20/- per transaction.
Yes, online payment does get accounted for as a transaction. Also please note that for making payments, you would need to activate SBI ATM Card for online purchases.
It is advised to count your money before leaving the ATM Machine to ensure that you’ve got full payment.
If the amount withdrawn is less or more then you have to contact the bank immediately via customer care or you can seek help from a bank branch representative.