Gujarat Bank Holidays 2023
Gujarat has 27 bank holidays in the year 2023 excluding the second/fourth Saturday and Sundays. Below is the the month-wise 2023 bank holidays list in Gujarat.
FAQs on Gujarat Bank Holidays 2023
Gujarat Bank Holidays 2024
Gujarat has 27 bank holidays in the year 2024 excluding the second/fourth Saturday and Sundays. Below is the the month-wise 2024 bank holidays list in Gujarat.
More About Gujarat Holidays 2023
Gujarat is a state in India located on the west coast of India and most of which lies on the Kathiawar peninsula. Gujarat is the fifth largest state by area covering some 196,024 km sq. (75,685 sq mi) and the ninth-most populous state, with a population of 60.4 million.
Gujarat shares its border with Rajasthan to the northeast, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu to the south, Maharashtra to the southeast, Madhya Pradesh to the east, and the Arabian Sea and the Pakistani province of Sindh to the west.
Gandhinagar is the capital city of Gujarat, while Ahmedabad is the largest city of Gujarat. Gujarat’s official language is Gujarati.
Most Famous Monuments in Gujarat
The following are the most famous monuments that you can visit during the holidays-
Dwarkadhish Temple is one of the holiest temples dedicated to Lord Krishna. It is located in Dwarka, Gujarat, and is a part of the Char Dham Yatra. You can visit the shrine during holidays, other top attraction is Jagat Mandir, Rukmini Temple, and Nageshwar Jyotirlinga temple.
Lothal is a historic marvel which is an ancient city that dates back to Indus Valley Civilization. This is an Archaeological site and is situated near the village of Saragwala. If you like history then this place is a place to be. The ancient site can help you understand the history and culture that started here which is also known as the world’s oldest civilization.
Dholavira is the major ancient city of the Harappan Civilization and is one of the largest in the Indian subcontinent. It is protected by the Archaeological Survey of India and you can find amazing information related to the Harappan people.
Surat Castle is a great fortification and ancient monument in the state of Gujarat. The fort stands tall in the city and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the state.
Lakshmi Vilas Palace
Lakshmi Vilas Palace is a magnificent building and a prime tourist attraction in Vadodara. This palace has the most modern amenities and is known for the best style of Indo-Saracenic Revival architecture.
Jhulta Minar is located in Ahmedabad and is also known as Sidi Bashir Mosque and is a pair of Shaking Minarets. It is a prime tourist attraction with its unique construction. You can visit the site to witness the architecture along with the Raj Bibi Mosque.
Bhujia Fort is one of the largest forts in Gujarat and is known for at least six major battles in the history of Gujarat. It is located in the Bhuj region of Kutch.
Modhera Sun Temple
A temple dedicated to the Sun god, Modhera Sun Temple is one of the most magnificent temples in Gujarat. It is situated on the banks of the Pushpavati river and is also famous as one of the Indian temples with erotic sculptures.
A mosque located in Ahmedabad is one of the must-visit masjids in India. It is situated outside the Bhadra fort and at the time of its inception, it was the largest mosque in the Indian subcontinent.
A mausoleum that attracts tourists from all over the world. Mahabat Maqbara is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Junagadh along with Gir national Part and Girnar Hills.
Rani ki Vav
Located in the old city and outskirts of Patan. The city has to offer a lot of historic monuments for you to see such as Sahastralinga Tank, Rani ki vav Step wells, etc. Rani ki vav is a World Heritage site. Other tourist attractions include forts, places, Patola sari, Gates, and step wells.
A 40 feet tall arch, Kirti Toran was built using red and yellow sandstone. Vadnagar is the birthplace of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and is blessed with various places of interest.
A group of caves cut located in Junagadh with attractive structures and architecture. These caves are located near Modhimath, Uperkot, and Khapara Kodia.
Monuments of Champaner Pavagadh
Champaner and Pavagadh Archaeological Park have 114 national monuments in its complex. You can find temples, tombs, wells, and mosques and some of the major monuments of the monument are Sahar ki Masjid mosques, Pavagadh Jain temple, and the most visited temple on the hill, Kalika Mata temple.
Fun Facts About Gujarat
The following are the fun facts about Gujarat that you should know-
- Gujarat is an Indian state with the longest coastline in India with 1,596 Km long
- India’s first port was established in Gujarat’s Lothal which is also a Harappan site that dates from 2400 BCE to 1600 BCE
- Gujarat has 17 airports which is the highest number of airports in India
- Gujarat is the only place in India where Asiatic Lions are found
- Gujarat is the largest producer of Milk in India
- The Lakshmi Vilas Palace in Vadodara is the largest private residence in India which is four times bigger than Buckingham Palace in London
- Kutch District of Gujarat is the largest district in India which covers an area of 45674 sq. km
- India's first Marine National Park was established in 1982 in the Gulf of Kutch in the Jamnagar district of Gujarat
- Indian Wild Ass Sanctuary in Gujarat is one of the last places on earth where the endangered wild ass sub-species Indian Wild Ass (Khur) can be found.
- The Sardar Sarovar Dam, near which the popular attraction of the Statue of Unity is situated, is the second-largest concrete dam in the world
- In Bhuj, Mandvi you can find a 400-year-old shipbuilding tradition near the coast
- In Armabada, Kutch you can find a rather rare species of the world’s first lake ‘upside down jellyfish’
- The world’s largest cricket stadium is located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat that can seat 1,10,000 spectators and has parking space for 3,000 cars and 10,000 two-wheelers
- During the International Kite festival, Patang Bazaar stays open 24 hours a day which is held annually in January
List of Cities in Gujarat
The following are the cities in Gujarat that you can visit during the bank holidays-