In this column, we will discuss How to Check HDFC Bank Balance using a Missed Call Number, SMS Banking, Online Banking, etc.
Finding your bank balance is important to keep track of your spending and savings and it oftentimes becomes a tedious task to keep a tab on your bank balance.
To ease the balance check, many banks provide remote balance check facilities using various banking features like a missed call number, SMS banking, online banking, etc.
HDFC Bank also provides these services which can be used by you to find your bank account balance easily, however, you have to first register your account to use these services.
How to Register for Banking services Miss Call, SMS, Net banking, etc.
To Register for various banking services like a missed call number, SMS, Net Banking, Mobile Banking, etc., you can use various methods, which are as follows-
By submitting the Banking Features form
You can visit the nearest HDFC bank branch and ask the bank representative for the Banking feature activation form, Fill the form and make sure you tick all the banking services you want to activate on your bank account like missed call banking, SMS banking, etc.
Now, you can submit the form and after your application is processed you’ll be notified about the activation via SMS. After the activation, you can use all these services.
HDFC Bank SMS Banking via HDFC SMS Balance Check Number
You can activate the SMS Banking feature by sending a pre-defined syntax message i.e. REGISTER <Customer ID> <Last 5 Digits of A/c No.> to 5676712, however, it is a mandatory requirement to have your mobile number registered with your HDFC Bank Account to use this feature.
By using ATMs
You can use ATMs to activate your banking features on your account. You have to visit your nearest HDFC ATM and insert your card.
Now, you’ll be prompted with PIN, enter your PIN followed by selecting the “more options” button and clicking on the “Register for Mobile Banking” button. Your account will be activated for using mobile, SMS, and Missed Call Banking.
HDFC Bank Balance Inquiry Number
Missed Call Number is the best method to find the bank balance of your bank account. You can give a missed call on the HDFC Bank missed call number i.e. 1800-270-3333.
After giving a missed call on this number, your call will be automatically disconnected and you’ll receive an SMS containing your Bank balance details.
Apart from a balance check, you can also use missed call banking to find a mini-statement of your bank account with the last 5 transactions.
The HDFC Missed call number to find the mini-statement is 1800-270-3355. After a few rings, the call will be disconnected and you’ll receive an SMS containing a mini-statement of your bank account.
HDFC Bank SMS Banking
If you are an HDFC Bank account holder and want to check your bank balance using SMS banking then the bank provides this facility for the account holders.
It is a good alternative for missed call banking and can be used very easily. You just have to send an SMS with keywords to a number and as a reply, you’ll receive your bank balance details.
To Find the bank balance using SMS Banking, send SMS “BAL” to 5676712. You can also find other details like mini-statement and cheque status if you use “TXN” and “CST<6-digit cheque number>” respectively.
HDFC Bank Net Banking
Net Banking is a banking feature that gives remote access to you for almost all banking services. You can use Net banking to find the bank balance of your account, however, before using it, you have to activate the net banking feature for your account.
After activating, you can follow these steps to find the bank account balance using HDFC Net banking-
- Visit the official website of the HDFC Net banking portal and log into your account using your Customer ID and password
- After logging in, navigate to the Account tab followed by selecting your bank account for which you want to find the bank balance for
- Now, your bank account balance will be displayed on the screen
HDFC Bank Mobile Banking
HDFC Bank provides mobile banking apps that you can download on your Android and iOS smartphones and use them to access your bank.
It is similar to Net Banking but uses your mobile device to provide you access to your bank account. You can use the following methods to find the bank account balance from your HDFC Bank account-
- Download, Install and Activate HDFC Mobile Banking app
- Now, login to your mobile banking app and navigate to the account summary section
- After clicking on account summary, select the account number that you want to find the bank balance for
- Your bank balance will be displayed on the screen
UPI stands for Unified Payment Interface which is a payment system introduced in 2016 by NPCI. This uses a Virtual Payment Address to drive all the banking transactions from and to your bank account.
You can connect your bank account via UPI and make payments, receive payments and check bank balances as well.
You can use any UPI Banking app to connect your bank account with UPI. NPCI has developed a user-friendly and home-grown app called BHIM UPI using which any bank account can be used as UPI.
You can use the following method to find the bank balance using the BHIM UPI app-
- Download & install the BHIM UPI app from the play store or App store depending on your device
- After installation, select language followed by selecting the mobile number connected with your bank account
- Now, the app will send an SMS to the bank account requesting connection of the account and UPI
- After connecting is established, you have to select the HDFC Bank from the listed bank
- Now, select a 4-digit UPI PIN that can be used to access your UPI account
- After selecting UPI PIN, your bank account will be connected fully with the UPI and you’ll be provided with a virtual address as well for eg- [email protected]
- To find the bank balance, open the app using your 4-digit MPIN and click on the account tab
- Now, click on the Check Balance button and enter your UPI PIN again
- Your bank balance details will be displayed on the screen
Balance Check using ATM
To check your bank account balance, you can use an ATM card to access banking information. The following are the steps you can follow to find the bank balance of HDFC Bank using ATM cards-
- Visit the nearest ATM and insert your card in the card slot
- After inserting your card, you’ll be prompted with a PIN entering option where you have to enter your ATM PIN
- Now, you have to select the balance check option
- Your bank balance will be displayed on the screen
Balance Check using Passbook update
Another way of finding your bank balance is by visiting your bank branch and updating your passbook. You can either use the Passbook update machine or ask the bank representative to update your passbook. An Updated passbook will have all the essential information related to your bank displayed
You can use multiple features provided by HDFC Bank to find the bank balance like missed call number, SMS banking, Mobile Banking, Net Banking, ATM, etc. The best method to find the bank balance is by using HDFC Missed call Number or Mobile Banking.
You can use HDFC Missed call number by dialing a call to 1800-270-3333. After a few rings, your call will be automatically disconnected and you’ll receive a message containing your bank balance details.
If you have two accounts associated with one mobile number, you can still use the missed call number to find the bank balance, the bank balance of all accounts will be sent via message for your balance inquiry.
You can also use Mobile Banking or Net Banking to find the bank account balance of multiple accounts.
You can easily get a mini-statement of your HDFC Bank account by using missed call banking number i.e. 1800-270-3355. You can give a missed call on this number and you’ll receive an SMS containing your bank account balance details.