Citizen empowerment is the biggest aim of democracy and as the world’s largest democracy, India has various systems in place which helps people to be empowered.
Some Government officials may engulf in corruption or maybe indulge in personal benefits, in that case, as a citizen, the government of India empowers you to take action against them.
You can file a complaint against them using various means, there as an anti-corruption number, portal, etc. But sometimes, you want to complain which is non-corruption related.
In this article, we will discuss how to file a complaint against Ministries/Department of Government of India.
Where to File the Complaint?
There are various departments or ways you can file against a government official or departments if you are being wronged.
There are four main Government commissions where you can directly register your complaint. The followings are the commission or departments where the complaint can be filed-
Central Vigilance Commision
Central Vigilance Commission is an apex body responsible to advise various authorities in Central Government in planning, executing, reviewing, and reforming their vigilance work.
It also offers citizens a right to file a complaint against a Government official for wrong conduct. You can do that by using the official portal provided by the Central Vigilance Commission.
The following are the steps to follow to file a complaint in Central Vigilance Commission-
- Visit the official Central Vigilance Commission portal by clicking this link- https://portal.cvc.gov.in/
- Now, click on the citizen login button followed by clicking on the register now
- After that, you’ll have to fill out the form with details like name, address, and mobile number followed by creating your login id and password
- After successfully registering, you’ll have to enter OTP to confirm your registration.
- Now, login to your account using the login credentials that you’ve created
- After logging in, you’ll find the complaint form which you’ll have to fill wherein you have to provide the details about your complaint
- After that, click on the submit button, and your complaint will be registered
- You’ll also receive a complaint number using which you can track your complaint
Every state has a Vigilance department that deals with complaints. You can also file your complaint to the respective State Vigilance Departments. You can find details about the department online or you can visit the office address of the State Vigilance Department to file your complaint.
Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
You can file a complaint against the Government employee or department in the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances by following these steps-
File a Complaint in Common Service Center
You can also file a complaint with the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances using the following methods-
You can file a complaint by sending a letter to the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances. Write a letter and explain in detail about your issue and send it by post to the below address and your complaint will be accepted.
Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances Address
Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, 5th floor, Sardar Patel Bhavan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi – 110001
By PG Portal
PG portal is the online portal of the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances that accepts complaints online. The following are the steps that you can follow to file a complaint-
- Visit the official website of the PG Portal using this link https://www.pgportal.gov.in/
- Get yourself registered by clicking on the register button and providing your details like name, address, mobile number, etc.
- After completing the registration form, login to your account using your login credential
- After logging in, you’ll find your dashboard where you’ll have to click on the Lodge Public Grievances
- Now, select the department or ministry you want to file a complaint against and select the state from the dropdown
- After that, you’ll have to describe the complaint in a detailed format followed by attaching the supporting documents or receipt
- Now, click on the submit button and you’ll receive an OTP which you’ll have to enter
- After entering the OTP, your complaint will be registered and you’ll also receive a complaint number using which you can track your complaint.
I’m Shiv Kumar, a graduate with a passion for finance, marketing, and technology. My journey into finance started with a desire to understand money management and investing.
Our main goal is to empower individuals through financial education. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to build a strong financial foundation. Whether you’re a seasoned investor or just getting started, we provide articles, guides, and resources to help you navigate the financial landscape.
I invite you to join our community of financially savvy individuals. Feel free to ask questions, engage with our content, and explore the topics that matter to you. Together, let’s take control of our financial futures.