Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is a document that is provided by the law enforcement authority to ensure that the person applying for the PCC has no criminal records. PCC document is used whenever a citizen of this country is immigrating to other countries for education, business or employment. It must be noted that this is not required for people who are visiting abroad for tourism. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary details required before applying for the Police Clarence Certificate.
Table of Contents
Documents required for Police Clearance Certificate
Following are the document required for applying for the Police Clarence Certificate-
- Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages including ECR/Non-ECR page
- Proof of Present Address
- Copy of valid visa if obtained in English
- Employment Contract (in case of Job)or application for of the university for admission
- Sponsorship declaration by the person who is sponsoring the emigration of the PCC applicant
How to Apply for PCC?
Police Clearance Certificate is a very important document that you require while crossing through the immigration department of the country you are visiting. To apply for the Police Clearance Certificate you need to follow these steps-
- Visit the Passport Seva portal and click on the login link
- After the account page opens click on the apply for Police Clearance Certificate
- You will be provided with two option to choose from
- Apply online
- Apply Offline by downloading the form and uploading it again
- It is recommended to fill the form online, click on the desired format of application
- Fill the required details like Passport Number, passport validity and purpose of application
- After this second step where you have to provide the personal details followed by the Self Declaration
- After submitting the application navigate to the View Saved/Submitted Document
- Now pay the fee online using the net banking, Credit/Debit card or SBI Bank Challan
- Now print the application receipt, appointment letter, and other related documents
- On the appointment date, be present along with the required document
FAQ on Police Clearance Certificate
The general validity of the Police Clearance Certificate is 6 Months. However, it is not a document that has validity. It is used by the foreign government to grant permission for visiting the country for immigration or long term visit.
No, only one certificate can be used for one application.
No, there is no age limit for the application for Police Clearance Certificate.
Yes, if the Foreign Government requires the Police Clearance Certificate then you can apply for the Police Clearance Certificate.
I’m Shiv Kumar, a graduate with a passion for finance, marketing, and technology. My journey into finance started with a desire to understand money management and investing.
Our main goal is to empower individuals through financial education. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to build a strong financial foundation. Whether you’re a seasoned investor or just getting started, we provide articles, guides, and resources to help you navigate the financial landscape.
I invite you to join our community of financially savvy individuals. Feel free to ask questions, engage with our content, and explore the topics that matter to you. Together, let’s take control of our financial futures.