A Voter ID Card is an essential piece of document that a citizen of a country must have. It gives a person a right to vote and participate in the country democratic functions by electing a representative party. In Democracy, people select the government by the means of votes which provides the selected party with power for 5 years. After 5 years, again the election will be held and a representative will be selected. This makes Democracy very powerful and most liked the way of governance.
A Voter Card is required for casting the vote in the voting booth. In this article, we will provide you with how to download Voter-ID Card online after applying for the voter card.
For Age Proof
- Birth Certificate
- 10,8 or 5th class Mark sheet
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
For Address Proof
- Indian Passport
- Driving License
- Bank /Kisan/Post Office current Pass Book
- Ration Card
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Rent agreement
- Water Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Gas Connection Bill</option>
- Post/letter/mail delivered through Indian Postal Department
How to Download your Voter-ID Card Online?
You can download the Voter-ID Card online by following these steps-
- Visit the Official website of the National Voter Service Portal
- Click on the Form6 which is used to apply for Voter ID Card and provides an option to apply as a new voter
- A form will open up which has to be filled with proper details like name, address, etc
- You also have to attach three documents that testify your Age, Address and your Photo
- After this, you have to fill the Declaration followed by CAPTCHA
- Press submit after which you will get an application number on your Phone and Registered Email-ID
- You can use your application number to check if you Voter ID is ready.
- Once your Voter ID Card is ready you can visit the Election Search Portal to find the Voter ID Card which you can download and get a copy of your newly generated election card.
Can I cast a vote using the Downloaded Voter ID card?
No, you cannot use the Downloaded Voter ID Card to cast a vote. You need to have a hard document which will be sent to your home via post.
How can I check my application status?
You can check your application status by visiting the Track Application Status Portal of NSVP.
When will I get my Voter-ID Card?
You will get your voter ID card via speedpost with in 5 to 7 weeks.