A Voter ID Card is an essential piece of document that a citizen of a country must have. It gives a person a right to vote and participate in the country democratic functions by electing a representative party. In Democracy, people select the government by the means of votes which provides the selected party with power for 5 years. After 5 years, again the election will be held and a representative will be selected. This makes Democracy very powerful and most liked the way of governance.
A Voter Card is required for casting the vote in the voting booth. In this article, we will provide you with how to download Voter-ID Card online after applying for the voter card.
For Age Proof
- Birth Certificate
- 10,8 or 5th class Mark sheet
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
For Address Proof
- Indian Passport
- Driving License
- Bank /Kisan/Post Office current Pass Book
- Ration Card
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Rent agreement
- Water Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Gas Connection Bill</option>
- Post/letter/mail delivered through Indian Postal Department
How to Download your Voter-ID Card Online?
You can download the Voter-ID Card online by following these steps-
- Visit the Official website of the National Voter Service Portal
- Click on the Form6 which is used to apply for Voter ID Card and provides an option to apply as a new voter
- A form will open up which has to be filled with proper details like name, address, etc
- You also have to attach three documents that testify your Age, Address and your Photo
- After this, you have to fill the Declaration followed by CAPTCHA
- Press submit after which you will get an application number on your Phone and Registered Email-ID
- You can use your application number to check if you Voter ID is ready.
- Once your Voter ID Card is ready you can visit the Election Search Portal to find the Voter ID Card which you can download and get a copy of your newly generated election card.
No, you cannot use the Downloaded Voter ID Card to cast a vote. You need to have a hard document which will be sent to your home via post.
You can check your application status by visiting the Track Application Status Portal of NSVP.
You will get your voter ID card via speedpost with in 5 to 7 weeks.