UPI is a payment system that allows users to transfer funds online using various methods of transaction like QR codes, Account numbers + Bank IFSC codes, VPA, etc.
This is a revolutionary way to transfer funds as it helps you with digital payments and makes it easy for you to pay for daily goods and services.
To use UPI, you’ll have to set up a UPI MPIN which will be used as a security pin that you’ll have to use before logging in as well as payments.
In this article, we will discuss how to Generate UPI PIN, reset a forgotten UPI PIN, etc.
Table of Contents
How to Generate New UPI PIN?
When you are registering for UPI PIN, the very important step is to generate the UPI PIN to enable the transferring of funds easily. You can generate a new UPI Pin by following these steps-
- At the time of creating an account, you can also generate a new UPI PIN, for that, download and install the UPI app that you want to use
- After installing the UPI app, open the app and give the app a few permissions to being the installation process
- Now, enter your mobile number followed by sending an SMS to the UPI services
- After sending the SMS, you’ll have to choose the bank name from the list followed by entering the debit card details to confirm the account authentication
- After that, you’ll have to generate your new UPI PIN, you can do that by entering your 4-digit UPI PIN in the given field followed by confirming the same
- After entering the correct UPI PIN, you’ll be able to use the UPI PIN for transactions and logging in
How to Reset your UPI PIN?
In case, you’ve forgotten your UPI PIN, then UPI provides you an option to reset your UPI PIN. The following are the steps that you can follow to reset your UPI PIN-
- Open the UPI app and click on the Forgot PIN button
- Now, you’ll have to verify the mobile number by sending an SMS from your mobile
- After sending the SMS and confirming your Mobile number, you’ll have to reset your UPI PIN by entering the new 4-digit MPIN
- After setting up your UPI PIN, you can use the newly created MPIN to login and transact using your account
No, you cannot login to your account without your registered mobile number. It is a security feature that allows only the registered mobile number holder to use the UPI.
No, UPI PIN is a 4 to 6-digit pin used for the operation of your UPI app and an ATM PIN is a pin used to operate your ATM card.
Yes, UPI allows the users to use UPI123 pay which is a special feature that allows the feature phone without internet to use UPI. You do not need the internet to use this feature, you’ll just need a phone network because it only uses USSD codes.
Yes, you can use UPI payments without an app by using the UPI23 pay and UPI IVR Based payments. Both of these features are best suited for those who constantly faces internet issue as well as those who do not have access to smartphones.