National Single Window System was launched by Shri Piyush Goyal, Union Minister for Commerce Industry, Textiles, Consumer Affairs & Public Distribution to facilitate the investors and businesses for documentation and licensing.
It is a game-changing move to push the Atmanirbhar Bharat initiative up and provide Indian citizens as well as foreign investors a single platform where they can acquire all the documentation and licenses easily.
Permit and licensing is the first thing a business or individual needs to start a business legally and therefore holds primary importance.
Currently, the system is in the beta stage with 16 Central Government departments and 9 states participating in the NSWS, by the end of the year, other departments and states will also be included in the system.
If you want to start a business, then all the Government approval required to start a business can be acquired using this single window.
NSWS makes the system fast, corruption-free, and improves ease of doing business. This initiative by the Government of India is looked at as a game-changer move especially when it comes to attracting foreign investments.
The foreign investments of India have risen significantly over the past few years and this system will further accelerate India as the prime destination for foreign investments adding transparency, accountability & responsiveness in the ecosystem.
In this guide, we will discuss how to use National Single Window System to apply for documentations by using an example.
But first. Let’s find out what is NSWS.
What is National Single Window System?
National Single Window System or NSWS is a digital platform for individuals or organizations to identify and apply for approvals as per the business requirements.
Approvals are very important to start a business and this system fast track the process.
Earlier, investors or individuals used to reach different ministries for approvals which is time-consuming, cost-intensive, and also resulted in a lot of corruption.
This digital platform is built as an advisory tool to identify approvals based on the requirements and provide guidance to the applicant. It also helps the applicant in tracking applications using a dashboard.
National Single Window System Features
The following are the features of the National Single Window System that make this system very attractive for investors-
- All the documentation and approvals are in a single place
- Digital repository for storing documents related to approvals/ registration
- Saves time and effort of the investor or individual wanting to start a business
- Improve ease of doing business in India which helps in attracting foreign investments
- The single payment process for all the documents required
- The applicant can post, track and update the application status all from one single window
National Single Window System User Guide
The following is the application process for applying for business approval using National Single Window System-
- Visit the official website of NSWS by following this link-https://www.nsws.gov.in/
- Now, Register using your name, email, mobile number, and username and set up a strong password
- After registering an email with an activation link will be sent by NSWS
- Click on the link and registration will be successful, now, login to NSWS by using the login credentials
- Now, your dashboard will appear which will be empty initially, You can populate it by clicking on the All Approval tab followed by the “Know your Approval” button
- You’ll be prompted by the Central or State approval option. Choose the central government option and and click on the continue button
- A form will appear with questionare like format primarly with yes or no option and selecting options from the drop-down
- Now, fill the questionnaire correctly and answer as per the nature of the business
- Click on the Submit to “Know Your Approval” button after you’ve answered all the questions
- Now, you’ll be redirected to a new page where you’ll find the list of documentation you’ll require for starting a business. The document mentioned on the image is of an agricultural export startup which is for demonstration purpose
- You have to apply for each documentation one by one online only and the payment of the fee can be done from a single-window only using a credit/debit card, UPI, Net banking, etc.
- From the same dashboard, you can also keep track of the application.
National Single Window System Contact Number
If you experience any issue related to the National Single Window System, you can contact NSWS using a dedicated contact number or using other channels. The following are the contact details for contacting National Single Window System-
(Monday – Saturday, 9am – 6pm) on 1800 102 5841