Social Security is a need that every citizen of a country is much needed especially when the hospitalization cost can reach sky high.
Assam State which is a North-eastern State of India has recently introduced a new social security scheme using which you can get financial assistance when in need.
This scheme is called Assam Arogya Nidhi, as the name itself tells you what the scheme is all about. This is for the resident of the Assam state with Indian citizenship only which will improve the quality of life and ability of the individual to get him/herself treated when in need.
If you are a resident individual of Assam state and want to get treated for certain diseases then this scheme will help you in doing so. In this article, we will discuss Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN), Eligibility, Process, Disease Covered, and much more.
Table of Contents
Eligibility for Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN)
The following are the eligibility criteria for Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN) scheme-
- The scheme is only available for the citizen of India with the resident status of Assam is eligible for the scheme
- There are no age limits for applying for the scheme
- Families with more than 5 Lakhs annual income are not eligible for the scheme
- Government employee pensioners are not covered under this scheme
- The cap limit of financial assistance is set at Rs.3 Lakhs
- Any govt. hospital including Govt. Medical Colleges and all reputed Pvt. Hospitals registered under Clinical Establishment Act are covered under this scheme
- A person with Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or Atal Amrit Abyan must check whether the disease is covered in the above program or not and if not covered then only Assam Arogya Nidhi will be sanctioned.
- Individuals without Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or Atal Amrit Abyan scheme can directly enroll in this scheme
Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN) Application Process
You can follow these steps to fill out the application for the Assam Arogya Nidhi-
- Visit the official website of the Assam Arogya Nidhi by following this link- https://nhm.assam.gov.in/schemes/assam-arogya-nidhi
- Now, download the Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN) application form from the website and start filling out the application form with details like name, address, contact number, gender, hospital name, Bank IFSC Code, account number, etc.
- Now, find all the documents mentioned below and along with the application form apply to the Office of the Mission Director of Assam Arogya Nidhi
- You have the option to either send it through post or physically submit it to them
- Your request will be processed by doctors, and subject matter experts a based on their verdict of them your financial assistance will be sent directly into your bank account
Documents Required for Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN)
The following are the documents required for the Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN) application form-
- Photograph of the patient (Attested by Doctor)
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate by Revenue Circle Officer (Attested)
- original to be produced at the time of submission of the Application Form
- Present Residential Certificate (Attested) like Aadhaar Card, Utility bills, PAN Card, etc.
- Bills /vouchers/receipts (Original).
- Copy of the medical documents of treatment to be certified by the treating Doctor/Hospital.
- Discharge Summary/Prescription (Attested)
- Photocopy of the fill page (1st page) Bank Passbook (Attested)
- Photocopy of PMJAY/AAA Card, if applicable.
Disease Covered under Assam Arogya Nidhi (AAN)
The following are the disease covered under Assam Arogya Nidhi-
|1.||Heart diseases and heart surgery||i. Pacemaker|
ii. Disposal for internal procedures including
iii. Surgery for congenital heart disease
iv. Acquired heart disease
v. Graft for vascular surgery and stents
vi. Heart transplants
|2.||Cancer||i. Radiation therapy|
ii. Anti-cancer chemotherapy
|3.||Kidney and urinary disease||i. Dialysis and related consumables|
ii. For dialysis vascular shunt P.C.N. and P.C.N.L. kits
iv. Disposable stents for Endoscopic surgical procedures
v. Kidney and liver transplants
|4.||Orthopedics||i. Artificial prosthetic limbs|
ii. Hip and knee joints implant for a replacement
iii. Internal fixate
iv. Bone diseases
v. A.O. Implants for fractures
vi. Spinal surgery
|5.||Thalassemia||i. Medicines for the treatment of Thalassemia and Mechanical Infusion pump|
ii. Blood transfusion
|6.||Bone Marrow Transplant|
|8.||Chronic mental illness with surgical treatment|
|9.||Diagnostic techniques covered||i. Ultrasounds|
ii. Doppler riders
iii. Radio nucleotide scans
iv. C.T. Scan
v. Angiography of different organs
|10.||Drugs||i. Immunosuppressive drugs|
ii. Anti-TB drugs
iii. Anti D
iv. Anti Haemophile Globulin
vi. Blood & blood products/plasma for patients to burnt cases.
Reference Hospitals for Treatment
The following are the hospitals for treatment that you can refer to under the Assam Arogya Nidhi-
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- B.M.Birla, Heart Institute, Kolkata
- Escort Heart Institute & Research Centre Ltd. New Delhi
- NarayanaHrudayalaya Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bangalore
- Arvind Eye Hospital, Madurai
- Mahavir Hospital & Research Centre, Hyderabad
- Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Hyderabad
- Madras Medical Mission, Chennai
- Max Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Global Hospital, Hyderabad/Chennai/ Bangalore
- Batra Hospital, New Delhi
- Yashoda Hospital, Secundrabad/ Hyderabad
- All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai, Hyderabad
- Christain Medical College & Hospital, Vellore
- Cancer Institute, Adiyer, Chennai
- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro-Science (NIMHSNS), Bangalore
- Post Graduate Institute, Chandigarh
- Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi
- Prince Aly Khan Hospital, Mumbai
- AMRI Hospital, Salt Lake,
- Mission Hospital, Durgapur West Bengal
- K Govindaswamy Naidu Medical Trust, Coimbatore
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital Kolkata
- DhirubhaiAmbani Hospital & Medical Research Institute, Mumbai
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
- Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon
- Asian Heart Institute, Mumbai
- Medanta – the Medicity, Gurgaon, Haryana
Referral Hospitals inside the State: –
- Down Town Hospital, Guwahati
- International Hospital, Guwahati Nephrology
- SankardevNetralaya, GuahatiOpthalmology
- Dr. B. Baruah Cancer, Institute, Guwahati
- GNRC/ INS, Guwahati
- Hayat Hospital, Odalbakra, Lalganesh, Guwahati-34
- North East Cancer Hospital and Research Institute
The maximum amount of Assam Arogya Nidhi which will be provided as financial assistance is Rs.3 Lakhs.
Yes, only hospitalization under the disease mentioned above will be covered under this scheme.
No, hospitals or medical colleges including Government and private hospitals can provide you with the benefit.
I’m Shiv Kumar, a graduate with a passion for finance, marketing, and technology. My journey into finance started with a desire to understand money management and investing.
Our main goal is to empower individuals through financial education. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to build a strong financial foundation. Whether you’re a seasoned investor or just getting started, we provide articles, guides, and resources to help you navigate the financial landscape.
I invite you to join our community of financially savvy individuals. Feel free to ask questions, engage with our content, and explore the topics that matter to you. Together, let’s take control of our financial futures.