The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi is a welfare scheme under Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. Till date, the scheme has delivered benefits in the form of financial support to 11.17 crore beneficiaries. To avail this scheme, farmers can register at https://pmkisan.gov.in. You can also register for this scheme from the nearest common service centre through the local patwari or government accountant.
PM Kisan Scheme- an Introduction
- It is a Central Sector scheme where the total funding is undertaken by the Government of India.
- The scheme is active from December 1, 2018.
- The scheme extends a financial assistance of Rs. 6,000 on an annual basis, delivered in three equal instalments (of Rs. 2,000 each) to all farmer families irrespective of the landholding size. Earlier the scheme was limited to marginalised and small farmer families who had combined land ownership or holding of 2 hectares or less.
- Here, the family is defined as a body having a father, a mother, and minor children.
- The identification of eligible farmer families for the scheme is undertaken by UT administration along with the State Government.
- The beneficiaries would not have to go to any office to collect the fund for it would be transferred directly into their bank accounts.
- The scheme has various exclusion categories so that help is extended only to the needy individuals and families.
Process for Registration at PM Kisan Samman Scheme
- Visit the website https://pmkisan.gov.in
- Here you will find “Farmer’s Corner’ listed at the right-hand-side. The first option within this corner is “New Farmer Registration”. Click on this link.
- A new window would open up asking for Aadhaar number and the right captcha. Fill in the details and click on the search button.
- You would be given a further choice to select either “Rural Farmer Registration’ or ‘Urban Farmer Registration’. Click on the right button.
- A new page would open up from where you have to choose state, district, sub-district, block, and village name.
- Next you have to choose name, gender, class, and farmer type.
- Subsequently, you have to enter bank account name, bank name, and IFSC code.
- You would also have to submit additional details like address, papers related to your property, mobile number, date-of-birth, and father/mother/husband’s name.
- Lastly click on the declaration form and enter save button.
- The website provides you the freedom to look up your application status with the help of your aadhar card number.
Exclusion Categories for the Scheme
The below given categories of individuals of greater economic status are deemed as ineligible for benefits under the scheme.
- Entire institutional land holders
- The families of farmers belonging to one or more of the given categories:
- Individuals who are placed in constitutional posts, or have occupied such posts in the past
- Existing and former State Ministers/ Ministers and existing/ former Lok Sabha Members/ RajyaSabha Members/ State Legislative Assembly Members/ State Legislative Council Members, current and former Mayors of Municipal Corporations, existing and former Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- Retired or employed officers and workers of State/ Central Government and its field units State or Central PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government along with any employee of the Local Bodies (excluding multi-tasking staff /Class IV/Group D employees).
- Pensioners (retired or superannuated) having a monthly pension plan of Rs. Ten thousand or more (excluding multi-tasking staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of above category.
- All Income Tax payers from the last financial year.
- Professionals such as lawyers, doctors, engineers, and chartered accountants who are registered with professional bodies and engaging in professional services.