In this column, we will discuss how to activate Bank of Baroda Debit Card Pin using various methods like using ATM Machines, Internet banking, using customer care numbers, etc.
After applying for the Bank of Baroda bank account, you will receive a starter kit from the bank via post. In this starter kit, you’ll get Debit Card, Net Banking activation key, cheque book, and account passbook.
To use a debit card, net banking, and mobile banking, you would need to activate them. The process of activating these services is different for each banking service. This article provides you with all the methods that you can use to activate the debit card.
To activate the debit card, the customer is required to generate an ATM PIN which is a four-digit security pin used which making a transaction using the debit card.
Using ATM Machine
To generate/activate a BOB debit card, you can use the ATM. It is the easiest way of activating the debit card. Here, you can follow these steps to activate the debit card-
- Visit the nearest BOB ATM and insert your debit card in the machine slot
- Select the PIN generation option from the menu
- Now, enter your 11-digit bank account number and click on the confirm button
- After clicking on the confirm button, you’ll be prompted with a notification “Your green PIN will be shortly delivered to your registered mobile number”
- Now, press on the confirm button, and then You’ll receive an SMS containing Green PIN
- You can use this PIN to access your debit card but you should change the PIN according to your preference
- You can do that by inserting your debit card in the slot machine again and selecting the PIN Change option from the menu
- Now, you’ll receive an SMS containing OTP, insert the OTP in the given area
- After entering the OTP, you’ll be redirected to the ATM PIN change page where you can change the PIN.
- Enter your PIN twice and press the confirm button
- After pressing the confirm button, your ATM PIN card will be changed
Using Intenet Banking
You can also use Internet Banking to activate your ATM PIN. You can follow these steps to activate your BOB Debit Card online using net banking-
- Login to the BOB Net banking website using your login credentials
- After logging in, navigate to the debit card/ ATM Pin menu and click on Generate PIN
- Now, select the debit card and enter your 16-digit debit card number with CVV
- After this, you have to enter the grid number pattern printed on your debit card in the right sequential pattern followed by clicking on the “Generate PIN“ button
- You’ll receive 4-digit OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the OTP and click on the submit button
- Now, type in your new debit card PIN and click on the confirm button
- After the completion of the processing, you’ll receive the confirmation message on your Net Banking, Mobile number, and your registered email ID
Using Customer Care Number
You can use the Customer Care number provided by the Bank of Baroda to generate your ATM PIN. It is a toll-free number with IVR Machine where you have to enter a number to avail particular service.
The Toll-free no. for BOB customer care IVR call is 1800 258 4455/1800 102 4455. You can follow these steps to generate a debit card PIN using a customer care number-
- Call on the Bank of Baroda toll-free number-1800 258 4455/1800 102 4455 from your registered mobile number
- Now, select the ‘re-issue debit card PIN’ option under the ‘bank service & other information’ option
- Enter the last 4 digits of your debit card with the expiry date of the card
- Now, you’ll receive an SMS containing OTP which you have to enter into the IVR system
- After successful confirmation of OTP, you will be prompted to set the debit card PIN
- Enter your debit card PIN in the IVR system and confirm the PIN
- You have successfully set the PIN and you can now use the PIN for the BOB Debit card
What to do If I forgot my BOB Debit Card PIN?
You can use forget the PIN or Re-issue debit card PIN option to generate your debit card PIN again using ATM, IVR Calling System, and Net Banking.
What are the things you need to activate a BOB Debit card?
You’ll need the physical debit card and your registered mobile number to activate the debit card
Can I activate my debit card online?
Yes, you can activate your debit card online using the net banking facility
What if I do not have access to the registered mobile number?
A registered mobile number (RMN) is necessary to generate the debit card PIN. If you do not have the access to the RMN then you have to either change the mobile number by visiting the bank branch or you have to get access to your registered mobile number.