In this column, we will find out how to apply for the Bank of Baroda Debit Card online using various methods.
Bank of Baroda is India’s Second largest Public sector bank and has a huge customer base. The BOB is known for its customer-centric banking system and banking features.
A debit card is an important tool for using a bank for everyday use. When you apply for a new Bank of Baroda account you will be provided with a debit card, but, if your card is lost or is damaged then you would need to apply for a new debit card.
This article is all about applying for a Bank of Baroda debit card, But before that let’s find out about different types of Debit cards provided by the Bank of Baroda.
Bank of Baroda Debit Card Types
The following are different types of Bank of Baroda Debit cards-
|Card Name||Card Type||Maximum Withdrawal Limit||Annual Maintenance Charges|
|Baroda Visa Vyapaar Business Debit Card||Visa||₹ 2,00,000||₹ 100|
|RuPay National Common Mobility Debit Card||Rupay||₹ 50,000||₹ 100|
|Bank of Baroda Visa Contactless Debit Card||Visa||₹ 50,000||₹ 100|
|Bank of Baroda Visa Classic Debit Card||Visa||₹ 25,000||₹ 100|
|Bank of Baroda RuPay Platinum Debit Card||Rupay||₹ 50,000||₹ 100|
|Baroda Master Platinum Debit Card||Mastercard||₹ 50,000||₹ 100|
|Bank of Baroda RuPay Classic Debit Card||Rupay||₹ 25,000||₹ 100|
|Bank of Baroda Master Classic Debit Card||Mastercard||₹ 25,000||₹ 100|
|Bank of Baroda Visa Platinum Chip Debit Card||Visa||₹ 50,000||₹ 100|
How to apply for BOB Debit Card?
You can apply for a new debit card using various means. The following are methods that you can use to apply for the Bank of Baroda Debit Card-
Using Mobile Banking app
The best and the most convenient way for applying for a debit card is using Mobile banking. You can apply for the debit card by following these steps-
- Download, install and Activate the Bank of Baroda Mobile Banking application-BOB World on your smartphone
- Log into your account by using your login credentials
- After logging in, navigate to the “Card Services” tab
- Now, Click on the Debit Card Request tab followed by selecting the type of debit card you want and address for the delivery
- Now Click on the proceed button followed by entering your 4 Digit MPIN
- After entering the PIN correctly, your debit card request is successful
Using Net Banking
You can use Net Banking as well to apply for the Bank of Board debit card online. Follow these steps to apply for the Bank of Baroda Debit Card-
- Visit the official website of Bank of Baroda Net banking and log into the website using your login credentials
- After logging in, Navigate to the card services section from the navigation tab
- Now, click on the debit card request button and click on proceed button
- A form will appear with your account details. Select the type of debit card you want to apply and click on the proceed button
- An OTP will be sent to your Registered Mobile Number, enter the OTP followed by the profile password
- Now, your debit card request is registered with the bank and you’ll receive the debit card via post within 7 working days
Apply by Visiting the Bank Branch
You can also visit the Bank of Baroda Branch and apply for the debit card by filling the debit card request form. You can also download the debit card request form online available on the official website of Bank of Baroda.
What to do If you’ve Lost My Debit Card?
The very first thing that you must do in case of debit card loss/theft is to contact the bank and tell them about the card loss.
You can also hotlist your Bank of Baroda Debit Card using online banking methods. Alternatively, you can use the SMS banking facility to block your BOB debit card and prevent any illegal transaction.
As soon as you have communicated with the bank regarding your loss/theft of a debit card. You’ll have to register an FIR stating the loss or theft of the debit card.
What to do After You Receive a New Bank of Board Debit Card?
After you’ve received your New Card, you have to Activate the Bank of Baroda Debit Card and make it ready for use. Also, make sure if you are a UPI user then update the bank debit card by re-registering your UPI ID on the website.