As a Foreigner living in India, there is a lot of documentation that can make your life easy in India. For instance, if you want to open a bank account in India then you’ll need various documentation to do so.
One of the most important documents, a Foreigner living in India needs is Aadhar Card. Aadhar card is a card that acts as a one-stop destination for all Institutions and Government services.
These institutions and Government offer their services using the Aadhar Card by connecting the services with your Aadhar Card.
As a foreigner, you can also apply for an Aadhar card if you are living in India for more than 182 days. The Aadhar Card is available for the resident of India and you do not need to be a citizen to avail of the Aadhar Card.
In this article, we will discuss how to apply for an Aadhar Card as a Foreigner, Documents Required, Processes, etc.
How to Apply for Aadhar Card as a Foreigner?
You can apply for the Aadhar Card as a foreigner by following these steps-
- Visit the official website of the UIDAI and click on the Book an Appointment
- Now, you can book an appointment in UIDAI run Aadhaar Seva Kendra or Registrar run Aadhaar Seva Kendra either way, you’ll be able to register for the Aadhar Card
- Now, select Indian resident followed by entering your phone number and solving the captcha
- An OTP will be sent from your registered mobile number which you’ll have to enter
- Now, you’ll successfully be logged into the appointment portal, here, click on the new enrolment
- Now, enter your name, age, and resident status followed by clicking on the next button
- After clicking on the next button, you’ll have to fill in the address and contact details on the next page followed by clicking on saving and proceed
- Now, review your application and tick the disclosure button followed by clicking on the submit button
- You’ll have to select the date, and time and schedule your appointment in the nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra selected by you
- After that, you’ll be provided with an acknowledgment number and appointment letter
- Now, you’ll have to visit the Aadhar Seva Kendra at the scheduled time and date with both xerox as well as the original document
- There your IRIS, Fingerprint scanner would be taken along with confirming your documents
- After successfully conducting the interview and details scanning, your Aadhar card will be sent to your address via mail and you’ll be able to use the Aadhar card easily.
Documents Required for Aadhar Card
The following are the documents required for the Aadhar Card-
Copy of Date of Birth
- Birth Certificate
- PAN Card/e-PAN
- Service photo identity card issued by Central Govt./State Govt./UT Govt./PSU/Banks
- Photo ID card having Date of Birth, issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- Transgender ID card/ Certificate issued under the Transgender Persons
Copy of Proof of Identity
- Valid Visa along with Foreign Passport (valid only) issued in case of other Foreign Nationals who have stayed in India for 182 days or more in the 12 months
- Passport/ Passport of Spouse/ Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
- Bank Statement (with Bank stamp & signature of bank official)/ Passbook/ Post Office Account Statement/ Passbook
- Driving License
- Arms License
- Service photo identity card issued by PSU/ Banks/ State/ Central Governments
- Water Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill/ Phone (Postpaid Mobile) Bill/ Broadband Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy (Life & Medical only)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
- Registered Sale/ Rent Agreement/Registered Gift Deed in Registrar office/Registered or Non-Registered Lease Agreement
- Marriage Certificate issued by the Government containing the Name and address
Yes, your wife can apply for the Aadhar card in India if she is living in India for more than 182 days in the past 12 months.
Yes, as a working professional you can apply for the Aadhar card in India by following the above-mentioned procedure.
Yes, if you want to reschedule your appointment in Aadhar Seva Kendra then you can easily do that by logging into Book an appointment portal and rescheduling your Aadhar appointment.
It can take anywhere from 60 days to 90 days from the date of application. If your documents are correct and do not have any issues like different names, etc. then your application will be processed faster and your Aadhar card will reach your home fast.