Aadhar card is an important document that you’ll use if you are a resident of India. It is an identification Id that is used in various Governmental and non-governmental institutions as an important document
Banks, Courts, Police, Credit card companies, etc. of them use the Aadhar Card as an identification Id of an individual.
Aadhar card is managed by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) which is a Government of India organization.
If you want to have your Aadhar card then you can apply for the Aadhar card from the official website of the UIDAI.
Aadhar card holds such importance in everyday life that without this, you’ll not be able to use any services like banking, licensing, etc.
When a document is this important, securing it from misuse is also very essential otherwise, anyone having your Aadhar card can misuse your Aadhar card to execute any fraud.
In this article, we will discuss how to prevent any misuse of your Aadhar card. Tips and tricks to prevent misuse and find all the services you’ve taken using your Aadhar Card.
How to Protect your Identity using Aadhar Card?
Protecting your Identity is very important as anyone holding on to your Aadhar Card can impersonate you and can cause a lot of damage. You can follow these steps to protect your Identity using your Aadhar Card-
- You should not take a printout from unknown shops as the printer machine contain a scanner that scans your ID and then printout the ID, some scanner saves this data inside the printer
- Create a Virtual Id for your Aadhar Card which is like an additional layer of protection to prevent any disclosure of your Aadhar details
- You can lock your biometric details from the option available on the official website of the UIDAI or you can also use the mAadhar App to do the same
How to Prevent any misuse of your Aadhar Card?
You can prevent any misuse of your Aadhar Card by following these steps-
- Visit the official website of the UIDAI and navigate to my Aadhar tab
- Now, select the Aadhar Authentication History button and you’ll be redirected to a new page
- After that, you’ll have to Enter the Aadhar card number of the Virtual Id in the given field followed by solving the captcha
- Now, click on the Send OTP button
- An OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number which you’ll have to enter in the given field
- Now, you’ll be redirected to the page where you’ll have to select the date range for checking the Aadhar Card authentication history also enter the OTP received on your Registered mobile number followed by clicking on the Verify OTP button
- After OTP verification, you’ll be able to find all the authentication requests between the date range you’ve selected
- You can also download the data into a file and read it later or take a printout of the same
Whenever a bank or any other institution asks for your Aadhar Authentication, then they are specifically demanding your Aadhar Card details from the UIDAI which contains details like your name, address, Biometric details, demographic details, etc. This authentication request will further compare the details from your details which you’ll have provided and helps the bank or other institution to verify the details.
Checking your Aadhar Authentication History will help you in preventing any misuse of your Aadhar card and helps you in protecting your Identity.
If your Aadhar Authentication shows any illegal activity then you should immediately contact the Aadhar card customer care and report such an incident. You should try to find which institution tried to get the authentication, and contact that institution as well for further details. If there had been any illegal use of your identity by anyone then you can report this to your nearest Police station and file an FIR immediately.
Yes, Aadhar authentication also lists out all the Biometric Authentication request made during the selected date range.